I'm so happy to have recently found this recipe (directly from Skinny Ms. Blog: No-Bake Workout Bars.) This recipe uses simple, common ingredients and only takes 5-10min to whip up a batch that will last the whole week. The bars are high in protein, fat, and fibre, and has been the perfect breakfast for me - something I can grab quickly on busy mornings and will sustain me for hours. They would also make a great post-workout snack!
Play around with different nut butters, protein powders, and ingredients (like nuts or dried fruit) to create different variations, I know I will!
If you're interested in the nutritional breakdown, check out the original recipe: http://skinnyms.com/no-bake-workout-bars-recipe/.
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup protein powder (I used a chocolate flavour)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I chopped up a Lindt Dark Chocolate 70% Cacao bar)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup lite coconut milk
2-4 TBSP raw honey (depending on your sweet preference)
1. In a blender, pulse 1.5 cup of rolled oats until it becomes a flour-like consistency.
2. In a large bowl, add the oat flour, remaining oats, protein powder, chocolate chips, raisins, and ground flax seed. Stir to combine.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, coconut milk, and honey.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ones, and stir until combined.
5. Pour mixture into a 9x9 or 7x11 pan and press down using a spatula (or your hands) to form an even surface.
6. Transfer to refrigerator (you'll have to wait a few hours for it to harden) and cut into 12 bars. Enjoy!